A strategically located hotel in Venice
Located on the sunny banks of the Zattere, one of Venice's most charming districts, the hotel's strategic location allows quick easy access to St- Mark's Square, Piazzale Roma and the railway station.
Convenient for reaching the Accademia Gallery, the Punta della Dogana exhibition center and the Guggenheim Foundation, the hotel is a short walk from the Basilica of St. Mary of Health and the Jesuit Church, in front of the enchanting Giudecca Island.
How to reach us
From the “Marco Polo” International Airport of Venice
• The ATVO blue bus up to Piazzale Rome and from Piazzale Roma line 5.1 / 6, get off at the “Zattere” stop, turn right and continue for 80 meters (1 hour)
• The “ALILAGUNA” from the Airport to the Zattere stop (last stop). Get off, turn right and continue for approximately 50 meters (1 hour and 30 minutes)
• Direct water taxi (35 minutes)
• Taxi from ground up to Piazzale Roma and then from Piazzale Roma with the 5.1 / 6 line public water bus up to the “Zattere” stop, turn right and continue for approximately 50 meters (45 minutes).
From the “Santa Lucia Train Station”
• Line 5.1 water bus. Get off at the “Zattere” stop, turn right and continue for 50 meters (20 minutes)
• Line 2 water bus. Get off at the “Accademia Stop”. Go straight and turn left (30 minutes)
• Direct water taxi (15 minutes)
From Piazzale Roma
The Piazzale Rome garage is the closest parking lot to Venice but it might be difficult to find a parking spot. The daily rate is approximately 25.00 to 30.00 Euros.
• 5.1/6 water bus line. Get off at the “Zattere” stop, turn right and continue for 50 meters (30 minutes)
• Direct water taxi (20 minutes)
The Tronchetto garage is the only parking lot signaled with road signs when arriving to Venice by car. It is slightly further from Venice but it is easier to find a parking spot. The daily rate is approximately 20.00 to 25.00 Euros.
• Line 2 water bus, Get off at the “Zattere stop (30 minutes)
• Direct water taxi (10 minutes)
Venice | Pearl of the Adriatic and a World Heritage Site, protected by Unesco, Venice is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Among its streets and squares, in the presence of its buildings on the Grand Canal, along the lagoon routes or simply sitting in a historical cafe in Saint Mark's Square, the charm of the Venetian Republic conquers the heart of every traveler. Do not miss the entire Dorsoduro district, Giudecca Island, Rialto and its bridge, the quiet districts of Castello and Cannaregio, and Saint Mark's square.
Business | Thanks to its convenient location, the Hotel La Calcina is the winning choice for those who are in Venice for business or study, and is appreciated by those who have to visit the Port Authority, the University of Ca’ Foscari, the University Institute of Architecture and the Institute of Sciences, Humanities and Arts, all easily accessible.